 Town / 6924
Re: Madvac and Segway
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 13:41:55 GMT

In lugnet.town, Kevin Richey wrote:
In lugnet.town, Marc Nelson, Jr. wrote:
Here are a couple of small vehicles that I was inspired to build after seeing
them on the street.¬

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/manjr/madvac/madvac1.jpg [Madvac]>¬
<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/manjr/madvac/thumb/madvac1.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/manjr/Segway/segway1.jpg [Segway]>¬
<<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/manjr/Segway/thumb/segway1.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

Your feedback is appreciated!¬

Marc Nelson Jr.

Great job Marc!

I'm always impressed by tiny models that have such detail. The handle attachment
to the end of the Madvac hose, using a minifig hand and -- is that a MF box
wrench? -- is brilliant!

Thanks! Yes, it is a wrench.

I never think to use minifig hands in a MOC, I'll have to remember that. I used
to exchange hands between minifigs to get different colors, and I always felt
bad for the poor little guys. It's gotta hurt. And I'm afraid that the hands
could become loose in the arms after repeated exchanges. Has anyone experienced
that?
What can happen is that the arms will spread and crack, although this has only
happened to me on a couple of early 80's figs.

Now I'm trying to think of a suggestion for improvement.  hmmm... maybe a little
more color in the Madvac. Just a tad to spice it up, like a pin stripe or
something.
I want to print up a sticker with the Baltimore City Public Works logo, and
maybe a 'Believe' bumper sticker (a local anti-drug initiative). Thanks for the
suggestion.¬

Marc Nelson Jr.

- KR