 Town / 6827
6826  |  6828
Subject:
Cessna 152 MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 2 Nov 2003 23:03:26 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hello again! Here is my second MOC, a six-wide Cessna 152 airplane built to
minifig scale.

A few deep links:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kevinrichey/cessna/0_cessna.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kevinrichey/cessna/2_cessna_side.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kevinrichey/cessna/cessna_flaps.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/kevinrichey/cessna/cessna_cockpit.jpg

Folder:

I had a few challenges with this model. Real airplanes have a heavy engine in
the nose that puts the center of gravity farther forward, so the main landing
gear should stick out right under the doors. I don't have any lead bricks to
simulate the engine weight. :)  I had to set the wheels as far back as I could
and trim pieces off until the plane stopped dragging it's tail on the taxiway. I
tried to make working rudder and elevators, but I couldn't make it look good and
it put too much weight in the tail. The flight controls are modified steering
wheels with sections cut away to look like yokes.

Comments and criticisms are welcome. Enjoy the pics and fly safely!

KR