 Town / 6570
6569  |  6571
Subject:
Formula-1 racer on track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:13:13 GMT

The evening before the Cleveland leg of the Lego Raod Show, I build a small
racecar to run on the track. I thought that it would be something else than
trains, and it could be fast. Not having it given any test runs, I soon found
out it wouldn't run. The tyres would hit the track connection wires, and it
would fly off the track. We then put the power connectors on a switch that led
to that loop, so we could run it without the wires on that loop (but not in
reverse, it would go via the switch on the other track). It worked. The tyres
were just the right height to lightly rub on the track, so they would turn most
of the time. Running full speed, it would however fly off the curves, but we
could run it at 85% max. It got alot of attention, and several asked me to take
it off the track so they could take pictures and recreate it at home. I almost
exclusively used the parts of the shell promo ferrari (2556?), the only non 2556
parts were 2 2x8 plates, the wheels, and a very few very common bricks/plates.

Hre's a pic:

Paul