 Town / 6531
Re: New Yorks Flatiron building
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 8 Aug 2003 15:52:07 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Chris Leach wrote:
Here is one of my latest. http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=52685
Chris

Hi Chris,

Not a bad take on a tough subject. The Flatiron Building is my favorite building
in NYC. It is 6 blocks up 5th Ave from where I work, I walk by it all the time.
I had considered building it at one point but chickened out when I counted all
the windows. Congrats on going thru with it.....I would personally revisit
street level on the model, but still think it is quite nice.

Not to take away from the building: I *really* like the angled street. I had
been contemplating baseplate surgery, but will experiment with your design a
little before I go thru with it.

I am hoping we'll see gray and dk gray 2x2 tiles in bulk at some point soon.

Thanks for posting pictures.

Best,
Jonathan