 Town / 6344
Re: Tradesman's Ute
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 06:49:43 GMT

In lugnet.town, Richie Dulin wrote:

Nice work!

Thanks Richie.

I’m a bit concerned about the colour choice... IIRC 98.3% of tradesmen’s utes are white! ;-)

True enough. This is one of the remaining 1.7%. This was a rendering of a specific ute, and since the real one was yellow, so was the model. When I make one for myself I’ll make it in genuine white. For extra authenticity I’ve got plenty of old chewed up and yellowed white bricks to use.

The dropsides are inspired, and the compressor is a masterpiece of minimalist design.

Thanks again.

   My favourite part is the trailer though... a classic design, and executed in a clever way

I spent far too much time working out the hinging of the lids. In the end the solution was a fairly simple and elegant one, which was what I was after. My son liked it too. He’s got me mass producing the things now /sigh/. He loooves trailers for some reason.

Cheers,

Allister