 Town / 6335
6334  |  6336
Subject:
6598 Police Station is awesome!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 03:01:27 GMT

I just built this gem from 1996 - very detailed set.

Being a technic enthusiast, I was amused to see a pneumatic T-piece used as the
jail bar's locking lever!

I got mine MISB and I was wondering if anybody built this set recently - apart
from the usual leftover parts (1x1's, gribblies, visors), there is a 2 x 2 green
plate that was not used. It's not on the peeron inventory (which was made from
instructions). Anybody knows why it was thrown there?

I think this set has the funniest box cover of all time. Poor crook!

It's a darn shame Town Jr. came just the next year after this set was released
(making it the last large true Town set). Why did Lego made that decision? Did
regular Town sets such as this one do poorly with kids?