 Town / 6238
Re: Souped Up LAWNMOWER Racers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2003 09:58:34 GMT

I like the design of your mowing tractor - it's quite neat.

I thought it was only a few people in the UK that raced lawnmowers.  But I
see that the American ones (who have websites, anyway) use super-charged
lawnmowing tractors.  The British ones have several classes, ranging from
running behind a powered lawnmower to this sort of tractor.

The most popular class though is the most bizarre as shown in that picture,
and more in the background (top right).  They really are upright single
cylinder two-stroke petrol mowers that normally you walk along behind (the
rear roller is driven), but with a seat on a trailer attached to it just for
racing.

Jason Railton