 Town / 5824
Re: my ideas for SNOT pieces & several new MOC's,
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 01:41:09 GMT

In lugnet.build.minifigs, Jeff Szklennik writes:
In lugnet.build.minifigs, Bruce Hietbrink writes: • [snip]
In town
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jeff-S/Town-Train/Figures/builtupminifig01 • .jpg
what if you had to build a minifig from other parts?  My answer makes them
proportionally narrower to fit in 4-wide cars, etc.

Cute.  Did you see these micro-sized classic space figs by Brian Muzas:
On your top left one, what if you took off the printed yellow brick and brown
tile and replaced them with a jumper tile and a normal minifig head?

I saw Brian's MOC's & that's what spurred me to post mine, as I had made them
months ago-I wanted to 'get them out there' before someone else did the same
designs.

I'm glad you saw them and posted yours, Jeff -- now, when I get around to
building classic microscale town sets, I won't have to think about how to make
town microminifigs. ;)  My astronauts were similar to your bottom left
approach: I needed studs front and back for the 'planetary swoosh' and the
backpack, but I went with 'joysticks' for helmets.  I might try to use the
middle model for town microminifigs but use 'headlight' bricks for legs: it
looks like the microminifig has feet, plus you can make the microminifig "sit"
by removing the 'legs' and rotating the 'headlight' brick 90 degrees up.  If
that's hard to picture, stay tuned for when I post my mini-452 Mobile Tracking
Station: at least one of the photos I will take will show the driver seated.
(NOT like I did the red astronaut -- I didn't have a red 'headlight' handy.)  I
also might try to use yellow 'joysticks' without the sticks for the heads...

I think the "ultra-minimal" microfig is probably something like a cylinder, a
jumper tile, and a yellow 1x1 round 'dot.'  No, excuse me, who needs the jumper
tile?  ;)

All the stuff you posted was great... I enjoyed the test tubes and the
microship studies especially.

--Muze