 Town / 5674
Re: MOC Town Display: VELUX Village (Steenhuizen)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 2003 18:51:25 GMT

In lugnet.general, Eric Brok writes:
This was the first time a company (VELUX Netherlands) asked me to plan,
design and build an exhibition display of LEGO bricks.

This display (1.30 x 1.80 m) shows a town with a variety of building types,
demonstrating VELUX roof windows in different ways.

As you may know, LEGO and VELUX already have a history together. Both
companies are Danish by origin and world-wide by scope. Also VELUX had LEGO
produce a special set some years ago.

The display is now (3-8 February 2003) on show at the Internationale
Bouwbeurs (International convention for the building industry) in Utrecht,
the Netherlands. After that, it will be in the entry hall of VELUX
Netherlands in De Meern, near Utrecht.

So if you're around, come by :-) Or have a look at preliminary pictures at
LEGO ON MY MIND:

http://home.zonnet.nl/ericbrok/legomind
Select from menu: Models/Buildings/West-end Steenhuizen

More pics and descriptions will follow.. sometime later. I first need a good
rest now after 6 weeks of intense town planning :-)

Eric

I'd love to see this layout, but for some reason I can't access the site.
I tried using several anonymous proxy servers, and still no go.
Is the site down, or are there pictures somewhere else that I can see?
Thanks. Play well.

Tim Strutt