 Town / 5669
Re: What town set would you recommend to a Technic fan?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 17:14:31 GMT

In lugnet.town, Jan-Albert van Ree writes:
Stephane Simard wrote:
Hi all,

What do you think is the best town set for someone (like me) who likes
almost exclusively Lego Technic and Mindstorms?

If you're starting out, the just-rereleased Main Street is a good way to
start. It has all the parts to make some nice house(s), doesn't contain much
unusable parts and seems pretty decently priced. The Octan gasstation is
also quite good, although IMHO less value than the Main Street.

That's the set I have in mind right now. I recently ordered 6335 (used) on
bricklink, the wheels are attractive. The main street is very old (1980) so
it must have a lot of basic bricks and slopes. Still a bit expensive, though.