 Town / 5469
Re: 6-wide cars
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 20:01:13 GMT

Andrew Martin wrote:
I'm new to Town stuff, but after seeing the car in the new Escape From
Privet Drive set, I thought it would be fun to make some 6-wide cars.
They're not based on any specific real cars.

There's a truck:
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~martinam/MartianDesign/Grizzly.htm

Nice.  I like its engine (and it is rather hard to get a
V8[1] into a 6-wide ;-).

And a car:
http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~martinam/MartianDesign/Sappho.htm

Cool.

I based these off of 8-wide versions that I made a while ago.  Those seemed
too big to me, though.  When I saw the Harry Potter car I felt like making
smaller versions.  I've seen 8-wide cars made before, but I don't remember
ever seeing any 6-wide cars.  Has anyone else done any of these?

I have two on my web site:

    http://jacob.sparre.dk/LEGO/Transport/Biler/Veteranbil/
    http://jacob.sparre.dk/LEGO/Transport/Biler/Familiebil/
Play well,