 Town / 5443
Re: 6472 no longer available in Europe!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.eu
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 12:15:43 GMT

What you do is get a friend or relative to receive the set for you.  You
would be able to order it with your own credit card, and send it to their
address in the USA, you do that by setting the "ship to" country to USA, but
you would pay the exchange rate and any fees that the credit card companies
normally apply for foreign exchange conversions.

They would have to send the set to you, which would be an additional cost,
but can be made less expensive if you are willing to wait 3-4 months (I know
for sure one took at least 3 months to arrive here from the USA!!) for the
parcel to get there.

I hope this helps!  Also, remember that for USA country shipping over $10
USD is free!  I don't know if catalog codes that are applicable to USA work
or not.

--
Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde

"Pedro Silva" <el_gordo@netc.pt> wrote in message
I tried to purchase one set #6472 earlier today without success (I had • tried
yesterday and they were available, but I screwed up in the process and had
to retry :-/). So I phoned LEGO Iberia to know if it was a temporary
removal, but I was told the set was *discontinued*. Same thing throughout
Europe.
And then I noticed it is still available from the USA/Canada S@H. Any idea • why?
Better still, can LEGO Iberia order one for me from the States? That would
solve my problem!

If anyone knows how I can get my hands in one of these for *roughly* the
same price I'd pay for it in Europe, please feel free to e-mail me. I • really
would love to own one... :-/

Pedro