 Town / 5353
    Re: Residential Block/Squad 252 —Erik Olson
   I think John Neal is referring to the "Ashcan School" of painters (turn of the century to about 1920) who often painted slums and city folk in unglamorous but detailed styles. Helpful Web page: (URL) (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.town)

        Re: Residential Block/Squad 252 —Jonathan Lopes
   (...) A while ago John made a building that reminded me of and Edward Hopper painting....hence the Ashcan reference. Jonathan (22 years ago, 16-Oct-02, to lugnet.town)