 Town / 4880
Re: '79 Hospital Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:08:15 GMT

In lugnet.town, Ed Andrews writes:
Was this set ever released?  It was shown in the 1979 US product catalog,
but I don't think it was ever released.  See this link for a picture on
brickshelf.  Thanks.

http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/catalogs/1979/c79us/c79us-11.html

Hello Ed,

The hospital shown in the 1979 catalog was never released as an official
town set.  Nor, for that matter, was the Exxon Station depicted in the U.S.
1984 retail catalog.  Moreover, the Exxon Station in that catalog mirrors
#6371 (Shell Station available in Europe), but the only product available in
the U.S. assortment at that time was #6375 (the classic Gas Station).

I'm not sure why the hospital set you reference or the Exxon set I mention
are pictured in the catalogs when they were never available.  However, it's
not the first time I've noticed strange things in the Lego retail catalogs.
I've also noted that the 1981 U.S. retail catalog has a picture of #6364
(Paramedic Unit) with #6629 (Ambulance) rather than the actual ambulance
that came with #6364.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed discrepancies in Lego catalogs over the
years?

Regards,

Michael