 Town / 4573
Re: Anybody every hear of set 1100?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 20:08:02 GMT

In lugnet.town, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.town, Aaron West writes:
Hey, has anybody every seen or heard of the release of set 1100, Sky Pirates?
It is listed in the LEGO set database here;

http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1100

Whatever happened to this one?

Since the only one in the DB who owns one is from Norway, I'm guessing this
was a Euro-only release... maybe not even in the UK? Dunno, but that'd be my
guess...

Even though I own it, I do not know very much about it. I got my copy from
my brother when he came home for Christmas this winter. He had bought it
flying here with the Norwegian airline Braathen SAFE, they usually have one
set that changes almost every month in their onboard shop. It has the piece
count on the box (108 pcs), which we do not see often here in Europe. It
also says "Specially made for Airline Companies", and that it is made in
Billund, ©2001. It has not been in stores here, so I guess it has only been
sold in the air.

I have to admit that I've not build it yet (we are awaiting moving to a
bigger apartment this summer - and then we'll have our Lego-room!), but it
looks very juniorized. It looks like it has 2 figures and it was NOK 150,
which was quite expensive.

aj-ml
--
Anne Jorunn Midtkil