 Town / 4461
4460  |  4462
Subject:
Great New Ideas For Town
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 23:04:14 GMT

I've read over my "Missing Town" post and I got some ideas for what LEGO
could do with Town.

We all remember the great days of 1996... Well, how about utilize it today?
Town Junior/City Center just didn't cut it. I would like to hark back to
Lego Island. This was a great game for an enthusiastic LEGO fan. Many of us
complain about not having enough variety for our town collections.
Hospitals, banks, restaurants, etc... Well, I think they should use the LEGO
Island buildings as templates for both buildings and minifigs. LEGO Legends
is great and all, but we would all catch nostalgia fever if we saw a Lego
Island Hospital complete with Dr. Clickitt and Enter and Return... or a Bank
with Buck Pounds, or a Pizzeria with Mama, Papa, and Pepper. Heck, the
minifigs in that game made it what it was... fun and funny. Now a days, LEGO
is trying to appeal to another generation, but they forget that most of the
sets are juniorized. Kids can't use the pieces to their fullest potential
like we remember. Customization is fine until you over do it. Pieces should
be able to be used for more than just one purpose. Minifigs, as well. The
microphones and whatnot get annoying when you want to use a fig for another
theme.

I also remembered the idea books. They had a lot of sets that LEGO could
make easily and sell to the AFOL. Just some ideas...