 Town / 4054
4053  |  4055
Subject:
Thie first building of Legopolis is finally beginning to take form.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 21:38:01 GMT

Many of you may not remember me asking about how to build buildings with
windows at 45 degree angles and such.  For those of you who do, you are now
going to see why.  My first building for my lego city of Legopolis is FAR
from finished, but I justed wanted you guys to have an idea as to what it
looks like.  I'm don't have alot of money for parts so it may take a while
for it to be complete.

This is just the first "hub" of 4.  The four hubs will be connected via
stair ways that will be connected to the conrners of each hub.  My plan is
to make this building a small complex for an investigations agency not
unlike the FBI. :-)

In all honesty, I did cheat a little.  I had to carve out groves on some of
the bricks so that they could fit together at a 45 degree angle.  The cuts I
made for the bricks on the corner with the door were poorly done, but
luckily I found a way to make the cuts far less sloppy and I used that
method of cutting for the bricks I used for the "window corner."  The cuts
still aren't perfect, but they are far better than the ones I made for the
"door corner."

I was inspired to build Legopolis by the one dude who built Bricktopia. That
city was so cool that I just had to build my own lego city.  It has now
become a hobby for me.

What do you think so far?