 Town / 3792
  FDNY--3rd street station

Hello, I have attempted to re-create the FDNY fire house located on 3rd street between the Bowery & 4th avenues in NYC. I am pleased with the results. If you get a moment please take a look and as always LMKWYT. (URL) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: FDNY--3rd street station

(...) A great building Jonathan. I really liked the attention to deal. The blocks on the garage doors are cool. The candles are a nice detail. You might want to put some flowers with the candles. I can't wait to see some pictures of the aparatus (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: FDNY--3rd street station

(...) Thanks! I was going to put flowers & a flag with the candles but couldn't find them. The garage doors are actually made from tiles--they are functional as well. I will be there on Wednesday & hope you can make it so we can meet. Looks like (...) (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: FDNY--3rd street station

(...) Thanks! Thats a great plus to my project of building an older fire hall, with the sand red never the less... It looks great! Josh (23 years ago, 12-Nov-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: FDNY--3rd street station

I>> (...) Thanks very much for looking & posting. Jonathan (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: FDNY--3rd street station

jonathan, you were wishing for a "brick colored brick". How do you think the sand-red works as "bricks" for this MOC? It's a subdued color like the other sands, and until I printed it out I thought it was gray and your photograph had a red shift (or (...) (23 years ago, 17-Nov-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)

  Re: FDNY--3rd street station

(...) My overall feeling is that sand red is on the right track, but not quite there. The pteradactyl that came with the Island hopper would be the perfect 'brick' color in my opinion. I havent yet seen the dark red bricks (aside from the pictures (...) (23 years ago, 18-Nov-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build)