 Town / 3740
Re: How to build a special roof?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.town
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 12:09:15 GMT

That shape is casued by http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3046 being
placed on top of itself many times. That part has only been made in 45 degrees
as far as I know.

-Dave

In lugnet.build, Zhengrong Zang writes:
I want to build part of roof as
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=80988

Zhengrong

In lugnet.build, Dave Johann writes:
It looks like it might be both, Zhengrong. You'd need the arch for support, but
the concave 45 provides the shape of the roof. That's what I thought you were
after. I think that's why you are getting confusing answers from all of us, we
aren't sure what part of the roof you want to know about.

For the record, Dan's model is EXTREMELY well built. I was fortunate enough to
get a close-up look at it at KidVention in LLCa last summer. If there is a flaw
in his design, I certainly didn't see it.

-Dave

In lugnet.build, Zhengrong Zang writes:
Hi, Dave
You said http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3046? but I thought
it is http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=2339 explained in Dan's
message, what do you think?

Zhengrong

In lugnet.build, Dave Johann writes:
Hi Zhengrong,
The key part to Dan's roof design is this one:
http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=3046

If there has ever been a 33 degree version of this part, I've never seen it and
don't believe it exists (I'd but a ton of them if they did). There is a variety
of this design you could try, but it would mean having an enormous
chimney...something I don't think you are looking for.

Good Luck,
-Dave
LUGNET #524

In lugnet.build, Zhengrong Zang writes:
Hi, Dan.
Is it possible to use slope 33 to build such roof? I found most of your
castle are built by slope 45.

Thanks a lot
Zhengrong

In lugnet.build, Daniel Siskind writes:
Both Larry and Jacob are correct.  All of the roof pieces are from 5151 Red
Steep Slope Pieces, which are probably still available from Shop@Home.  The
arches serve as supports as the roof follows the steps of the arch bricks.
These bricks are currently available in Lt Gray from Shop@Home in the Castle
Expansion service pack. I suggest just getting a bucnh of the above service
packs and just experiment around with different designs.  There are a lot more
roofs of this type in my Castle gallery too:

http://www.brickmania.com/gallery_castle.html

Dan

In lugnet.build, Zhengrong Zang writes:
Hi
Please take a look this picture
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=78139
I want to build the similar roof as in picture, but I don't know how to
build it, does anyone give me a .dat file for this kind of roof?

Thanks a lot.

Zhengrong

-----
Zhengrong ZANG's RCX Controlled LEGO Train Projects
http://legochina.virtualave.net