 Town / 3540
Re: Is bigger better? Or is detail what counts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 21:14:13 GMT

In lugnet.town, Dave Amos writes:
Throughout my time as a Lego city builder, I have noticed that there are
(roughly) two different types of towns.  One kind has very large buildings,
with grand skylines.  It is bold and makes a great impression on people.
Some examples include the Brick Apple, Bricktopia, and Ed Boxers Lego Town.

The other kind is lower to the ground, often smaller.  Its primary appeal is
the quaintness and attention to every detail.  One such example is Kevin
Zwicker's town.

I am blown away by both types and have spent hours pouring over the things
that make these towns great.

I am interested to know people's thoughts regarding two varieties of Lego
cities.  Do you all have a preference?  Is bigger better for you?  Or
"character"?  Can you have both?

-Dave
www.bricktannia.com

I'd say yeah, i love seeing towns with lots of detail, & large buildings can
have lots of detail to them.  I've been shooting for a middle ground with
mine, with larger buildings, but yet enough detail to make it all look good.
Josh