 Town / 3462
Re: LEGO Studios
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 15:43:15 GMT

Yes, I have it.

What you get that's cool:

* Some unique minifigs, but I think most of them are now available in other,
smaller, less expensive Studios sets.

* Two decent backdrops, but these you can make yourself.

* A camera that actually has LEGO studs, and also technic pin holes.

* Some cool bay windows.

What sucks:

* The software, if you want to make a movie over about 2 minutes long.

* The price per piece.  It's probably like $1 a piece. :)

* The camera, if you are serious about film at all.  Though if you are
totally playing around, it's a great, great camera, very friendly.

====================

The final verdict:  If this set came down in price a bit (say, you could get
it for $100), it might be worth it.  It has some interesting pieces, a cool
movie book that comes with it, and some decent, easy to use software.  It's
a good set to get to see if you like Stop Motion animation, and don't want
to research what goes into capturing, editing, and producing a movie.

If you have wanted to make movies all your life and can see yourself doing
this as a hobby, I would spend the money buying a different cam and software.

You can find a complete review of the set on Brickfilms.com, under
rescources.  It's called "Cynicism of Studios" or something like that.

In lugnet.town, Ben Nagel writes:
Does Anyone have LEGO studios? I want to know if it is worth the
money.Thanx. Ben Nagel