 Town / 3078
Re: Townsfolk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2001 05:54:56 GMT

In lugnet.town, Timothy Wade writes:
As I was wondering through my local Target a few days ago, musing on the poor
state of affairs Lego has recently gone through, I also noticed something
rather saddening: Lego faces have become rather mean spirited. I recall a time
when even the pirates had smiles pasted to their faces...and now, it seems
that most sets have at lease one head with a nasty smirk or an evil
grin...anyone else have a comment about this?

Or am I just a little bit nuts?

WE ARE ALL a little nuts, and yes, the faces are less of a happy appearance.
Little yellow happy people, occasionally trying to maim/kill/imprison one
another, but always smiling was part of the charm that brought me back to
LEGO as an adult.  It just seemed like such a paradox.  Happy pirates, happy
outlaws, happy warriors.  A true riot that recreated an obsession.
Man, I can't get enough of those happy little faces.
I like the introduction of a few new faces here and there, but nothing beats
an army of happy Black Falcons, or a Pirate ship merrily sailing along to
battle!
-Aaron-