 Town / 2248
Re: Town Building Contest Entry - Lighthouse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 19:09:52 GMT

I love this lighthouse...great details.  I think I liked the land sculpting at
the base the most!  Wish I had this in my town!

Thanks, Thomas.  I often build this way.  I start by building or at
least imagining the geography and landscape, and only then begin
thinking about how the building(s) fit into it.  In this case, I built
an island that was higher and rockier on the side opposite from the
one shown in most of the pictures.  I don't have a direct shot of it,
but you can get the idea from some of the shots (although I just
checked and my site seems to be down, have to look into that ...).  Of
course, if you were building a real lighthouse on this island, that's
where you would put the tower, so I did.  I find the eventual model
looks more realistic and "natural" this way.

Robin Sather
robin@mylittleblueworld.com
(remove "my" to reach me by email)