 Town / 2158
2157  |  2159
Subject:
Come on Lego...get with it!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 04:54:30 GMT

Hi everyone!

I am mainly a Town collector but I also collect other themes if they
interest me (which WAS Castle, Model Team, Technic, and some Space).  It
just really makes me sad to see where Lego has gone (aka: down the toilet).
This new crap all started in 1997 and we keep getting our hopes up for the
next year, and the next, and the next, so on and so forth that something
great is going to happen.  It's 2001 and we haven't seen ANYTHING.  We all
keep getting shot down.  We is a generalization.  I may be wrong.  I know
that I can replace all the we's with I's.  I am becoming very discouraged
about the future of Lego.  If this is what we are to expect 10 years from
now I don't want to have anything to do with Lego.  In my opinion Lego
hasn't put out anything productive in these past four years (with the
exception of Star Wars).  Lego had lost money for the first time in COMPANY
HISTORY in what was it, '98?  '99?  This is a complete no brainer as to why
this happened.  Sets from E V E R Y...S I N G L E...T H E M E...were
successful ever since the 80's to the mid 90's.  What is so tough about
figuring out what the problem is?  Nothing will ever compare to Town,
Castle, Space, Technic, Model Team, Trains, etc. back at this time.  These
sets were absolutely phenomenal back in the day.  Had I known that Lego
would be in the toilet 15 years after I began collecting I would have
stocked up on every set.  Shoot, just go on eBay or any other auction site
and look what the sets from the early 80's to mid 90's go for.  I would bet
that 90% of every set goes for more than what it was ever worth in the
stores (depending on the codition of course).  When you look at MISB set you
can bet they go for double, triple, etc. etc. the price they ever were on
the shelves.  Boy, I'm sure that Town Jr., Arctic, Insectoids, and Ninja
crap is going to go for a LOT of money in ten more years.

I only want to know one thing.  Why is it so difficult to go back to the way
things were...when Lego was actually making money...when people only had
GOOD things to say about Lego?!?!?!  None of this is happening.  If Lego is
listening to us why isn't anything happening?  Are they all out of ideas?
Whenever I see My Own Creations (MOCs) Town vehicles I do NOT see those
stupid pieces with the lights and grille painted on them.  I see the actual
headlights and brakelights.  I see cars and trucks with actual roofs.  I see
chassis that you actually have to put together.  The wheels and axles are
actually ADD ON's...WOW!!!!!!  I don't even care if they make another police
station or fire station just as long as it isn't the garbage they are
designing today.

Figure it out Lego!  Get with the program.  This isn't Rocket Science.  I
don't know what to say anymore.  Hmmmm.  After about 14 years of collecting
Lego...the best toy on Earth...maybe it's time to move on.  I have never
thought of moving on.  Wow, who'd of thought.

Thanks for listening all you Lego fans!  At least someone still listens.

Brendan