 Town / 10253
10252  |  10254
Subject:
My First LDD MOCs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2009 00:12:59 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello everyone,

I have been experimenting with a few designs on LDD and BlockCAD. After a few different versions of the designs I decided to order three of them.

I tried my best to design them within the standard look of Lego Town sets so they would fit my layout, but I also tried to design sets based on Ideas that Lego has not done. This is what I have come up with.

Hope you enjoy them. Constructive criticism and recommendations are welcome.

First up. A staple to any construction site. . . The Coffee Truck!

The first (rear door) has a fridge and warm food storage. The second (forward) door has the large coffee carafe and hot water decanter.

The top hinged windows featured in LDD as (I discovered) are extremely difficult to open, so I liquid welded 2 technic lock-washer pieces to serve handles.

Happy Clients

The truck is built on a basic 1-ton pickup truck chassis which can be stripped down and rebuilt to carry a variety of utility packs. I hope to in the future develop a series of modular work packs for this basic frame.

Next I’ve built a Police Explosives Ordinance Disposal Team.

There are three mini-figs, one driver, one technician, and one robot operator. The van has space to store the robot, bomb box, pylons and mini-figs when traveling to and from the scene. The robot folds up and drives up the rear ramp for storage. The pylons and bomb box go on the roof racks.

The design of the robot’s arm currently does not work very well at handling the bomb suitcase. The technician assists the robot and ensures that the bomb is disposed of safely after it is placed in the bomb box.

As mentioned any improvement ideas to the robots fingers would be appreciated.

Finally, I’ve never really been impressed with any of the Lego Hospital designs, with the exception of one Dacta design (I can’t remember the number)I saw in the mid 90’s, so this is my first attempt designing my own.

The hospital features seven rooms.

A Reception / Admitting Room

Triage Examination Room

Emergency Room / Operating Room

Intensive Care Room ICU

Recovery / Visiting Room

and a Doctor’s Dormitory and Break Room

I don’t have any doctor figures to flesh out the hospital with yet and I don’t have a reliable program to design and print decals, but I intend to add them into the design.

There are more designs to come but this is what I have built at the moment. Hope you enjoy them. Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Thank you for visiting!