 Town / 10187
Re: NR 28 "Indian Pacific" and a boat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 2008 00:43:19 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Kerry Raymond wrote:
Having spent 3 days on the Indian Pacific last December, I'd probably argue
for the use of dark blue rather than the normal blue and some kind of orange
rather than the yellow, based on my memory and my happy snaps:

http://www.chapelhill.homeip.net/Photos/2007-11-Perth/2007_12_03/
http://www.chapelhill.homeip.net/Photos/2007-11-Perth/2007_12_03/

but obviously there's an issue of getting all the parts you need in that
colour. I'd be less concerned about swapping the dark red in the bird motif
on the side though.

But overall very well done.

Kerry

Hi Kerry,

Yeah dark blue might be a better choice although my eyes read it as about half
way in between from the photos but I trust your real life memory. It's probably
possible to do in dark blue but I've certainly not got the funds or inclination
to try it. An alternative to yellow seems impossible.

Am I correct in thinking that the passenger rake uses a wide range of 50s era
cars? I seem to have found various pictures of quite different cars and I know
The Ghan does this.

Thanks for your comments,

Tim