 Town / 10158
10157  |  10159
Subject:
Nocturnal Rampage - A Record Store
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town
Date:
Fri, 18 Jul 2008 20:43:23 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

This little gem of a record store made its debut at Brickworld 2008. Tucked in next to the White Castle and the graveyard, the local kids can pick up their favorite metal or punk records. I heard one of the mothers at Brickworld explain to her kids that the store was “on the wrong side of the tracks” and promptly moved them to the next section of our layout. Mission accomplished-those kids will be listening to some Dr. Feelgood before you know it.

Dave and I have an extensive music collection, so it was only a matter of time before our LEGO town got a record store. Look closely at the album covers and you’ll see our personal music tastes reflected. To be honest, the idea just came together after I found the gray skull piece and scavenged the platform for the store from the Harry Potter “Graveyard Duel” set. It is by far my favorite creation thus far and I’m excited to finally share it with everyone.

More pictures are available on my Brickshelf Gallery and my MOC Pages Page.

Rock on. ~Stacy ToT-LUG