 Technic / Bionicle / 497
    Bugs —Tim Thomson
   When i log on to Bionicle now it just comes up with a black screen wot is going on?? And yes I have shockwave and flash. Tim (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: Bugs —Matthew Gerber
   (...) In my experience, this happened when I tried to fix a bad logged-in session of the game, and played it to a standstill (black screen), then quit. Just like when saving a good game, the saved game/cookie set-up will remember a black screen, and (...) (23 years ago, 23-May-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: Bugs —Tim Thomson
   (...) When I go to the flash website to re-install it, it says that i already have it and I do not know what I should be doing, any help would be much appreciated. Tim (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: Bugs —Matthew Gerber
   Tim, First you need to delete the plug-in from your browser plug-in folder, THEN go try the re-install. Flash isn't set up to to a refresh install overwriting the previous version (well, actually, it WILL refresh on the Macintosh, and saves me a (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: Bugs —Tim Thomson
   Okay, thanks, but being not entirely sure what to do, where do I find the plug in folder to delete flash from so that i can reinstall it?? Tim (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: Bugs —Matthew Gerber
   OK...here goes...(Mac user here, if I screw up the Windows lingo, forgive me)... -Right click on your hard drive (if it's on the desktop, if not, navigate to it from your Start menu) and choose Explore. -In the hirearchy tree, find the folder for (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: Bugs —Tim Thomson
     This is getting really annoying now becuase when i eventually found the plug-in folder the only plugin in there is quick time and when i got to the flash website it still says I have flash. What is going on with my cmputer and does anyne know where (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

         Re: Bugs —Matthew Gerber
     I dunno' Tim. Either the Shockwave or Flash plug-in should be in there. Do you perhaps have more than one version of the browser installed on the system and you looked in the folder for a copy you don't use/didn't install the plug-in into (...) (23 years ago, 24-May-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: Bugs —Ray Kremer
   With Windows it's a bad idea to just delete stuff because all the crap it had put in the registry is still there and Windows gets confused about it. Most programs have an uninstall routine that can be accessed in it's Start Menu folder or the (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: Bugs —Matthew Gerber
   Ah! Good thought Ray. But does the same apply to browser plug-ins also? If so, you are correct that there is something in Tim's registry (or elsewhere?) that says he has Flash, even if the bulk of the program is deleted. Tim? Is that any help? Matt (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

        Re: Bugs —Tim Thomson
   I dunno, I really am lost with all this. If this is a new idea from someone is there a way to get around it or some other loop hole i could use to get past this problem? Tim (...) (23 years ago, 25-May-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)