 Technic / Bionicle / 2244
Re: Blacktronicle II: Bohrokitron
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 02:33:12 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Bryce McGlone wrote:
   Odd how nobody really responded to this one...

I was a bit less than surprised, actually. Paul Coombs already mentioned that his Gremlin MOCs weren’t very well-received, and this one is quite similar in concept.

   I’m more curious though as to why you keep making mecha when you profess to dislike the whole mecha concept

Isn’t that like saying a team is on a two-game winning streak? I’ve made two mecha, and at present I have neither plans nor desire to make any more. In both cases I was doing it more to explore what was possible with the assortment of Bionicle parts than to build mecha. I build a lot of things just to see what’s possible, including abstract sculpture.

   Though I’m a poor judge because I never really got the “improve on Lego’s official models” mindset anyway.

I do (you should see what I was able to do with the MasterBuilder designs), but I’d call this more of a variation as it’s not intended to be an actual Bohrok any more than the first one was intended to be a Toa.