 Technic / Bionicle / 2066
Re: Kustom Kanohi
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:49:39 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Kyle Beatty writes:
First attempt at making a custom mask.

http://208.161.123.236/weblog/2002_09_08_weblogarchive.html#85432130

D'oh! Stupid DNS!

I bought some Sculpey brand plastic clay to make my own masks* for my Lego
action figures. These are my first trial results. (The blue mask is an
actual Lego mask for comparison.)

http://208.161.123.236/20020909_mask01.jpg

I tried to be clever and carve out eye-holes on this one. The result was not
salutary.

http://208.161.123.236/20020909_mask02.jpg

The reverse. The knob in the middle is where they mate with other Lego
pieces. It is a join peculiar to masks, designed to facilitate game play
which involves knocking the masks off the action figures. It makes sense
when you see the toy in action, trust me.

http://208.161.123.236/20020909_mask03.jpg
http://208.161.123.236/20020909_mask04.jpg

A close up. I made these by first creating an inverse mold of a Lego
original from Sculpey. Now I can mold dozens of parts! Muah ah ha ha!!

http://208.161.123.236/20020909_mask05.jpg

The next step is to make designs with greater Lego-ness. Legosity? Also
smaller and thinner.