 Technic / Bionicle / 1982
Re: Help! Confused by poorly written rules in "Quest for Makuta" game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 2002 09:49:02 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Jeff Cohn writes:

What are the white bionicle letters on the gate portals (those on the board,
not the tokens) for?

They are just guides for assembling he oieces to make the map of Mata Nui

What are the bionicle letters at the bottom of the collector cards for?  Are
they merely the names of the Toa in the Bionicle language?

That is right

My son and I have played several games (well, tried to).  Very early in the
game, when we cross to a new game board, what often happens is that the only
move is to confront a Rahi. If the low-level Rahi is a "7" then there is no way
to win (since we haven't collected any tokens this early in the game).  Since
the player can't cross back through the gate portal without all three keys
(which haven't been collected yet), he is basically stuck.  This happens
everytime a player can only go forward against a Rahi he cannot beat, or
backwards against a portal he can't cross because its locked. Often, we both
end up stuck after a couple of rounds and have to stop.

What am I missing here?

The lock tokens are only for Makuta's board.

Thanks

Jeff