 Technic / Bionicle / 1891
1890  |  1892
Subject:
Bohrok 'skull' is nifty
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 21:06:21 GMT

I had assumed, by looking at photos, that the large trensparent piece that
forms the head of the Bohrok was painted. I discovered on receiving my first
batch of Bohrok that this piece is actually molded in two colors, one of the
colors being the transparent portion. The effect is attractive and subtle.

One side effect is that each piece is unique! The swirls are consistent but
not identical. I'm impressed at the sophisticated manufacture.

Has this technique been used on other pieces?