 Technic / Bionicle / 1832
Re: Wairuha and Akamai
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 23:26:43 GMT

In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Kyle Beatty writes:
In lugnet.technic.bionicle, Jaap van der Laan writes:
Today some very strange occurred to me. One of my friends sent me a bionicle
movie from the online game. The movie was about the Toa Kaita. The one with
the Kanohi Hau named himself Wairuha  "Spirit of Valor, hear me! I -- AM --
WAIRUHA" and the other one with the Kanohi Miru called himself Akamai
"Spirit of Wisdom, hear me! I -- AM -- AKAMAI".

But on the promo CD that was delivered with one of my Toa it is quite the
opposite. And also in the comic where Gali is having a vision they are
called as on the promo CD. The one with the Kanohi Hau is Akamai and the one
with the Kanohi Miru is Wairuha.

A little mistake on the online game? Or somewhere else ...

In "reality" this is an error, but I have no problem thinking of it as a
mystical conundrum that is not a problem for the Kaita themselves. Maybe
this is what Vakama was referring to when he spoke of Tahu 'needing
direction.' Perhaps the Toa are a bit addled still.

There has also been confusion about what name goes with which Tohunga. From
the materials*, I conclude that only the Toa have the ability to use
multiple masks - that perhaps is the function of their shrines. The Tohunga
and Turaga are never shown switching masks, so I think if you see a black
Pakari on a tan body with black feet in the afternoon, it's the same Tohunga
with a black Pakari, tan body and black feet that you had breakfast with.

If the Tohunga eat breakfast.

---
*which, in my opinion, should not be considered canonical.
They fixed the "error." Go watch the movie again, and you'll see. Oh, and Jaap?
Don't watch the movie your friend gave you, unless it's a link. If it's not
a link, just go to www.lego.com/matanui/Episode_8-6.swf, because if it's the
actual movie and not the link, it won't be fixed.