 Technic / Bionicle / 1701
1700  |  1702
Subject:
Rahi from the Unexplored Land of Publikdomayne
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 19:22:21 GMT

Hello,

After buying our first Toa my 4 year old set me to work building rahi and
"villagers". I do robotics with technic so I have a lot of parts laying
around.
Not wanting to cause anyone to feel their culture bits had been harvested,
I stuck to my own heritage-base. :o)  although the weapons,  well, they
are not from my culture, but I didn't make anything I couldn't use myself
without taking my own head off.

The first was a dragon, here is a picture of him romping with some
friendly villagers in the days before he got hooked on infected masks:

http://personalpages.tds.net/~elijah/images/dragon_old.jpg

The villager to the back has a Kusari-gama (another, not shown, has a
Kyoketsu-shoge). I have also made villagers with batleths(tm), magic wands
and Tetso-bo.

Here he is alone and friendless with an infected mask I made with the aid
of a lighter (you can't actually see it here but the plastic bubbles very
nicely. This was before I saw an actual infected mask...the next one will
be made with brown paint).

http://personalpages.tds.net/~elijah/images/dragon_new.jpg

I am not sure if you can see it but the dragon articulates to lunge and
snap his jaws.

Next came a harpie:
http://personalpages.tds.net/~elijah/images/harpy_0.jpg

which he decided was too scary for a 4 year old ("that is for 7 and up" he
declared).

Finally,although clearly not from the land of Publikdomayne, comes the
Snow Tarakava. The sea-based Tarak are a bit expensive for us right now,
but more than that he was concerned that with only one tread they would
fall over too easily and that that would be too frustrating. Now they may
stand up just fine, but at any rate, here is rare photo of the two-treaded
species of Tarakava that inhabits high mountain lakes:

http://personalpages.tds.net/~elijah/images/snow_tarakava.jpg

The fangs are from an Anatomics building set. Anatomics claims to be
compatible with Lego however they are a fairly poor fit, although they
worked okay here. Here is the last picture that this poor photographer
took of the rare beast (only the camera was ever found):

http://personalpages.tds.net/~elijah/images/snow_tarakava_0.jpg

I don't have pictures of the surfboards for Tahu, Gali and Kopaka or of
Gali's motorcycle (all requests from my son) but I may get those up at
some point.

Elijah