 Technic / Bionicle / 13
Re: masks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 08:19:19 GMT

With each new line the "collectible" items become more and more homogenized.
The Throwbots/Slizers each had 6 disks with their own pictures.  48 different
pictures in all.  You get the full spread of #2 and #3 disks from buying the 8
sets, the #4 through #7 disks only came in the five packs, which also
annoyingly include more #2 and #3's and are short packed on the #7's.  (I'm
pretty sure I've spent as much on disks as I did to buy the sets and I'm still
missing some of the @#%*ing #7 disks...)
The RoboRiders have 16 pictures times 8 colors for 128 combinations, which is
so absurd that I only care about having 1 or 2 of each picture, regardless of
what color wheel they're on.  The sets come with 2 or 3 wheels of the
corresponding color but with random pictures, so unless you're the luckiest
person in the world you do have to buy some boxes of wheels to get them all.
And we still don't know what the red wheels are for.
Now the Bionicle masks. 12 masks, each in 6 different colors.  72 total
combinations, but for the first time we're guarenteed one of each mask type and
one of each color just by buying all the sets.  I'm leaning towards not buying
any extra masks at all, because doing so won't get me anything unique that I
won't already have.  You European folks with the CDs and storyline info, is
there any reason the Bionicles should need versions of the others' masks in
their particular color?

8 hours to go for fase 2.....
Micheal, is it already possible to obtain masks?

Greetings Pieter Houba