 Technic / Search Results: hovercraft
 Results 41 – 60 of 91.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

Question: Since I don't know what the z24 exactly looks like on the prop, is it just like the regular gear? Reason I say, I'm curious, because you could use the holes on the gear to pin another z24 to it and then you'd have a place to mount another (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

(...) This gives me an idea, it's not only servos I've aquired from the model airplane times... (...) There should be tons of info on the web, howstuffworks.com is the primary source I'd consider: (URL) good page: (URL) Tobbe good luck, I hope you (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:H9xL37.JzI@lugnet.com... (...) hard to confess but i didn't know they are different :( thx tobbe pixel (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

(...) No, it only has one pin hole, and no axle holes. Why LEGO decided to do it that way I can't imagine - all previous sets (AFAIK) used the offset axle holes (present in the old 24t gears) to connect pistons, not the pin holes. IMO that part is a (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

(...) Have you considered using lubricant between the 1x 4 beam and axle? I know I did, many times, but never got around to do it. Do you think it might reduce the friction enough? (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

You guys are bound and determined to spend my whole weekend tinkering on this, aren't you? ;-) I reproduced Ross's setup using a gray peg, a black friction peg, and an old black friction peg. I still get what I consider pretty poor performance (with (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

"Mark Haye" <markhaye@netzero.net> wrote in message news:HA05tr.EJx@lugnet.com... (...) Offcourse, we dont give up before we have succeeded :) I'm just been bitten of this LEGO-flying machine virus .... (...) old (...) hit (...) Whatever speed you (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

Here are photos of my most effective props until now. (URL) Steinnes (URL) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

(...) friction pin, (...) Perhaps the z24-sandwich can be wrapped with conveyor chain links? /Tobbe (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: motor for hovercraft and helicopter

"chrismaker" <chrismaker@noos.fr> wrote in message news:HB74rJ.7zM@lugnet.com... (...) but unfortunately all our motor are so heavy (...) this is not a challange for us :))) we are gona build real helicopter with no counterweight some day one of us (...) (22 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: motor for hovercraft and helicopter

(...) Of course, I have complete faith in me! :-))))) paul (22 years ago, 5-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

How about inserting the 24T gear into half a large turntable, and securing the other end of the turntable using axles. I know this gets very large where you don't want to get large, but it might provide stability in ways the other solutions do not. (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

(...) Nice design. Oh man, the design of the 24t gear at the back of this propeler is realy lame. That whole part is very un-legoish. 1) Perhaps you could use the old friction connector instead of the new one: i.e. part 4459 instead of part 2780. (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

I have this part (from <set:8855>) and I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to power it to any significant speed. The problem is that the prop and z24 gear are permanently molded to a 3L axle which goes through a 1x4 Technic beam. Having only one (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.003)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

Yes, I had tried that. I was unable to prevent all the rotation at the friction pin, and even a small amount of movement there caused significant wobble/binding. Mark Haye "Ross Crawford" <rcrawford@csi.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.003)

  Just an idea for an prop for a hovercraft

Hello I've seen the marvelous creation of hovercrafts by Paul Kleniewski ( (URL) ) and that gave me some ideas. Here can you see a simpel construction of an propell that I made. I've not taken any photos yet, but here is one image made in Ldraw: (...) (22 years ago, 5-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.003)

  Hoverfan (was: Re: Props for Hovercraft)

(...) my lunch hour, this was my best attempt: (URL) you can see it only has four blades but I could not make any more easily, I'm thinking about solutions though... I connected an old 9V motor underneath it and it holdes up just fine and blows a (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.003)

  Re: Hoverfan (was: Re: Props for Hovercraft)

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:H9y1Ay.8Br@lugnet.com... all your designs tobbe are very inspiring with the same major problem as my propeller :( the like to explode because the are not locked that's why i used a rubber (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.003)

  Re: propellers for hoovercraft

someone said i'm hovercraft addicted am i? :) "Øyvind Steinnes" <senniets@online.no> wrote in message news:HBuyu2.L41@lugnet.com... (...) this one is really better than mine put ie legoland antenas into friction pins but use short version with (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.002)

  Re: Just an idea for an prop for a hovercraft

"Øyvind Steinnes" <senniets@online.no> wrote in message news:H9us2z.K4r@lugnet.com... <cut> (...) I've (...) got (...) good idea oyvind i'll show you my new fixed propellor soon so probably it could be incorporated with your idea i've got some (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.002)

More:  Next Page >>