 Technic / Search Results: hovercraft
 Results 21 – 40 of about 90.
Search took 0.00 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: promissed hovercraft ver02

thanx Tobbe you know where it should lead me to to really flying machines but what more can be done in pure-lego projects than hovercrafts regards pixel "Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:H9FGzy.Myn@lugnet.com... (...) shut me (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: promissed hovercraft ver02

(...) Theroteically it should be feasible if you use a non-LEGO coating for a wing structure, such as thin paper. The problem is it needs to be streatched to carry the plane well. A LEGO glider could fly. Problem is how to get the structure light (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: promissed hovercraft ver02

maybe is it going to be a new thread lego glider :) i suppose the structure can be enough light and strong but the problem is to make good profile of wings and propellor (because i'd like to build a plane) and of course the main issue is remote (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: promissed hovercraft ver02

(...) Well you could start with something like this (URL) and go from there..... ROSCO (22 years ago, 29-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: promissed hovercraft ver02

(...) One thing that could be done is a paraglider, that is a form of parachute with motor, propellor and controls hanging under it. Or a normal V-shaped glider. You need to look in the UL-range of "planes" though. What about a flying replica of the (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: promissed hovercraft ver02

(...) This is Really neat!!!! I noticed it seems to drift to one side (the heavy side) as you point out. Perhaps this could be used to steer it. Could a small weight that is shifted to the direction of travel be possible? Best regards, Paul (...) (22 years ago, 10-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

"Tobbe Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:H9xp7B.4AL@lugnet.com... (...) perhaps I (...) ppl do hovercrafts so you can do it also :) personally i don't like to do things which are dirty once i built a buggy (with my friend) so i (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

"Eric Sophie" <mylegomaster@aol.com> wrote in message news:H9wyr6.9qz@lugnet.com... (...) looks like lego want to be sure that nobody will build really flying machine cause all other propellor have a pin hole instead axle hole :( so we are probably (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

(...) Well I did a little test, heres the pics: (URL) that the propeller shaft is cylindrical, not "x" axle-shape, so friction is much greater than standard axle. It worked reasonably well, even with no lubrication and old batteries. I reckon with (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: hovercraft

(...) there's hope to achieving a nearly 100% lego solution. I've been playing with a prop design some, and despite not testing it yet I thought I'd post it in case it generates some other ideas, and see if anyone has any engineering knowledge on (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: hovercraft

(...) did you remove the "nospam_", well now it's real mailto:s.mientki@mailbox.kun.nl Stef (22 years ago, 2-Dec-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: hovercraft

(...) So, when do we get to see pics of the latest creation?!?! :-) Simeon (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Props for Hovercraft

I havn't followed as closely as I would have liked, so I don't know if this has already been mentioned. But this part is the "Ticket" !!! (URL) we get some dialog going on this Prop? e (URL) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

it's cool but i think there should be used few of them and probably we couldn't buid tunnel small and smooth enough but if enyone has this part plz check it pixel "Eric Sophie" <mylegomaster@aol.com> wrote in message news:H9vt9E.Gzv@lugnet.com... (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

(...) That's the problem with this part, it only came in <set:8855>, although it was availible as a service pack once. A friend of mine had this set when he was a youngster, perhaps he's willing to sell it to me, I've been meaning to ask him but (...) (22 years ago, 6-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

Tobbe, ya only one set and service pack ever. :( I don't have one either. I know of serveral ways to get some high RPM gear configs. Looking at the Airscrew I be it can push a good volume of air. As Pixel said the trick is creating a good duct to (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

Ho Mark, This presents a significant problem. I always engineer my gear-trains to include a double "axle grab" on both sides of a gear so the gears flow smoothly. Without that extra stud worth to help anchor the Airscrew, yep could be a problem. But (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

(...) I agree, it even causes a problem when used in the actual set! IMO this is one of the worst LEGO parts ever. ROSCO (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

You inspired me to tinker a bit, but I am still unsuccessful. Putting gears around the z24 to help stabilize it is problematic because, at standard LEGO distances, there is sufficient space between the gears to allow the z24 (and the prop axle) to (...) (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

  Re: Props for Hovercraft

(...) What about attaching another 24t along the same axis with a friction pin, then having an axle in that? You'd probably need to drive both to stop rotation at the friction pin. ROSCO (22 years ago, 7-Feb-03, to lugnet.technic)

hovercraft
(score: 1.004)

More:  Next Page >>