 Technic / 9883
    Town scale Road Train with steering trailers —Gerard Steenbeek
   This is townscale Road Train. They use Road Trains in Australia since the distances are so great there. Road trains usually have steered trailers to cope with intersections at teh outskirts of cities. (URL) will notice that the second and third (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.town) !

        Re: Town scale Road Train with steering trailers —Steven Lane
     (...) Theirs nothing wrong with this system, although you seem to have added complexiy where none is needed. I think what you have tried to create is a "B triple". This is 1 normal trailer following two other trailers that have their own fifth wheel (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

         Re: Town scale Road Train with steering trailers —Gerard Steenbeek
     (...) mechanism (...) What I built is better than a convetional B double or triple. A B double or triple still cuts corners, but not as mush as a dolly setup. A B double or triple just eliminates a joint. I quiclky built a B double to make sure I (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

        Re: Town scale Road Train with steering trailers —Ross Crawford
     (...) Hi Gerard That looks really interesting! I've never seen road trains with axles like that - all the ones i've seen just have a standard trailer first, and the following trailers have a steerable axle on the front with a yoke to connect to the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

         Re: Town scale Road Train with steering trailers —Gerard Steenbeek
     (...) connect (...) What I built is a B triple, those seem to be rare, more common are B doubles. (URL) that photo they have 2 B doubles together. In north america you sometimes see B doubles as well. Mine also pivots at the end of the trailers to (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

         Re: Town scale Road Train with steering trailers —Ross Crawford
     (...) In Australia, I think B-double and triple usually refers to trains where each trailer has a fifth wheel on the back axle block. Road train generally refers to trailers with yoked front axle, similar to horse drawn carriages in the old wild (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

        Re: Town scale Road Train with steering trailers —Anders Isaksson
     "Gerard Steenbeek" <interdutch2000@hotmail.com> skrev i meddelandet news:HCvsA0.1zyL@lugnet.com... (...) Something like this is used in the 'trains' in amusement parks (and other places, we have one here in Eskilstuna driving from the station to the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

        Re: Town scale Road Train with steering trailers —Jacob Sparre Andersen
   (...) Play well, Jacob (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

        Pics of Road Train Turning on road plates! —Gerard Steenbeek
   (...) I was having traction issues with previous versions, but the added weigth of the finished trailers made it possible! So for you I built this test strip. I tried a few times before taking photos and it worked everytime! Corners were no problem (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)

        Re: Pics of Road Train Turning on road plates! —Jacob Sparre Andersen
   (...) Cool!!! Play well, Jacob (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town)