 Technic / 9758
Re: runner MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 21:33:26 GMT

Hi Travis,

  Is http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=362934 the one showing
your walker running?

Kevin

In lugnet.announce.moc, Travis Kunce writes:
A slightly faster variant of the walker that I made.  this features a larger
power plant,  wider hip rotation, and longer feet with a shock absorbing
heels.

As you can see in the animation, it really scoots along.  Even better is
that it scoots more or less as stable with nearly any combination of pulley,
so you can rig it 1:1 watch it run.   not quite as elegant at that speed
though.  When the bot is geared really high, it will more or less run in
place on a smooth flat surface.

i have a feeling that four legs are in the mix really soon

let me know what you think.