 Technic / 970
Re: How good is 8428
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 00:52:14 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jan-Albert van Ree writes:
I just finished my Tow truck, 8462. I absolutely love those big "metal"
wheels... I noticed 8428 also has those wheels. Is this set any good or is
most of the money just for a CD with some dumb game?

I got the 8428 for the wheels too, and then I bought the 8462 as well.

The 8428 is an okay set.  The back end is very flimsy.  It can barely hold
together if you apply enough force to actually deflect the springs.  If you try
to drive this from the front the back end gears will pretty much explode off
the car, since they are only attached by plates.

I rebuilt the back end of mine to power it from the original engine location
(rather than including the motor on the suspended part of the chassis).  Even
with some exotic gearing that was able to hold together, the frictional loses
were very high and it didn't work very well.

But the wheels are nice!

--Ben