 Technic / 9605
Re: Rechargable batteries for RC Buggy (#8475)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 00:25:54 GMT

William Howard <william@howard-family.fsworld.co.uk> wrote in message
Other than "don't 'cos' that what it says in the manual", does anybody • have
any advice on using rechargable batteries in the Technic RC Buggy (#8475)?

Do, cos thats _not_ what it says in the manual.

Its years since I looking into rechargable battery technology and it must
have moved on since then.

Indeed, my old NiCad's were rated at 600 milliamp hours, about 8 years on my
new NiMH's are rated at 1700 milliamp hours!

Or is the only solution to buy shares in Duracell as I'm using up AA
batteries like they're going out of fashion!

Thats what I found with my Digicam. A set of 4 Duracell's lasted for as many
as 17 pics, but with the new rechargables, 80+ pics are possible on a single
charge.

thanks in advance

Re-read your manual. I just checked mine, and it only says not to recharge
the batteries whilst they are still in the buggy.

William

(Duckie) Dave Till