 Technic / 9504
    Re: hoovercraft with lift, thrust and steering —Paul Kleniewski
    "Øyvind Steinnes" <senniets@online.no> wrote in message news:HBAoL9.9CH@lugnet.com... (...) when we see helicopters they have slim blades with very high rpm so i think wide blades are not too good but keep working... i saw few applications just (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: hoovercraft with lift, thrust and steering —Ross Crawford
   (...) I think one reason helicopter blades are so thin is because they are changing pitch every cycle with the cyclic control. Thicker blades would require much more torque to change the pitch, making the hub much bigger. Also the length of blade (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.technic)