 Technic / 9323
Re: Scissor Rail
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 04:22:15 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
In lugnet.technic, Chris Daniel writes:
Hello,
         I have uploaded pictures of the oldest moc in my collection.  It
is another attempt at continuous marble motion.
It employs a pneumatic scissor jack that lifts a marble up to the top of a
track, then the marble falls back down to the beginning.  You can also find
3 more pictures of the air compressor here:

Cool!

So you actually _threw_ the marble onto the rail?
No, The marble lands back on the jack.
I have Uploaded two new pictures to illustrate this
and

This moc's ability to launch marbles came as a surprise to me after its
latest revision.  I had recently reenginered the slide and switch of the
jack and I also had rejuvinated all the pistons and pumps with patroleum
jelly. Then I ran it at the usual 9 volts and the jack itself was hopping
around the table.  It can now run on voltages as low as 4.5v.
How accurate was that, did it
work every time?

As you may or may not have noticed there are two flexible tubes at the top
that are bent inward. These act as guard rails directing any renegade
marbles back onto the track.
Without the guard rails the marble would fall off about 10 percent of the
time. But thats not to say that I never have to chase after marbles;)
Best regards,
/Tobbe
you too
Chris