 Technic / 931
Re: LEGO outlet store?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 12:48:27 GMT

Ryan-
The LEGO Outlet store in virginia is located in the Potomac Mills Outlet
Center just off of I-95 in Northern VA--about twenty minutes south of the
capital beltway. I believe it is exit 156--there are plenty of signs.

As for the shop itself...it's not that large, but carries a fairly thick
supply of sets.  There is plenty of stuff not available in stores.  Lots of
Technic you would never find at your average LEGO retailer.  They carried
Belville and Scala lines, which I have never seen in stores.  They had random
items like train track and a small handful of the piece service kits available
through S@H (I expected more of these).  As it is an Outlet, don't look for
any new sets.  I was there just after the first of the year and there was not
a 2000 set to be seen.  You can however find sets that haven't seen a store
shelf in sometime...I'd be more specific, but I wasn't really looking in any
detail, I was just glad to find the the 8448 sportscar for about $100 not bad
for a set I still ocassionally see at TRU for $130...and in S@H for $140.

Also, being near the Capital, there are large scale LEGO models of the Capital
and The White House in the store...I'm thinking there was also a Lincoln
Memorial and Jefferson Memorial model as well.

I know the store is fairly new...I believe it opened in November, so I don't
really have any idea if their stock changes often...as I've only been there
once being that I don't currently live in that area.

Hope this helps,
James

In lugnet.technic, Ryan Hagan writes:
Greetings,

I've been reading through some old posts and have seen a couple references to • a
LEGO outlet store in Virginia.  Can someone give me some more info on that?
Thanks!

-Ryan