 Technic / 8921
Re: Besign of battery box
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:29:23 GMT

Thanks

I wonder how to add the battery box into a car and still have it easily
accessible.

I read the page about motors, good page, but can it pull a 40-50 stud long 6
wide vehicle on a smooth surface?
Standard lego, motor and battery box on the vehicle.
It will be a simple transaction, as the speed is just fine for me I guess.

In lugnet.technic, Rob Doucette writes:
In lugnet.technic, Sonnich Jensen writes:
Hi!

I am thinking of a design, which includes technic and a 9V battery box.

My questions
1 where is the connection for power out?

Assuming you are referring to this one:
http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4760c01 the center 2 stud rows
are the power connections.

2 how does it open?

The entire bottom plate lifts off as shown here
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/6000/6979/6979-10.html

3 what is the 1x2 raised part?

That is the switch.  It can be depressed and locked on.

I'll use a 5120 switch and a motor to run a small vihicle, something like a
small 6 wide truck with trailer. How much power does a micromotor have?

I dont really need speeding.

Have a look at http://philohome.free.fr/motors/motorcomp.htm for micromotor
details.

-Rob.