 Technic / 8904
Re: open project
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:51:12 GMT

oh i'm sorry :)))
i didn't realise

yes it looks similar
most models put the stress on driving mechanisms
seats are simple
doors sometimes even not exist
:)

ok
can you "sell" :) i mean show use ie door-lock mechanism?
would be nice

br
pixel

"mat" <Mjjeffer@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H8qJDJ.CBo@lugnet.com...
Paul, you're NQC (Not Quite CRAZY)!
Actually, I've been working on this project for some time now- roughly 4
months. It was going to be a surprise, but now you raised the subject... • :(

Ah well, you can expect to see the 8466 4x4 REVOLUTION coming soon.

My 4x4 so far has these features:
All wheel steering (for rough terrain)
All wheel drive
Full, independent susp.
Normal, 6 door w/2 lock points (open, half open)
This car is based on the nissan patrol, so exoect ALOT of detail under the
bonnet.
Glovebox
lock mechanism
single exhaust w/pipes to engine
5 speed + rev gearbox (speed difference VERY noticeable)
I may motorise if anyone can make 8466 wheels go a bit quicker than 8:1.

Cya all,
-Matt

In lugnet.technic, Paul Kleniewski writes:
hi all!

after reading some threads on this group
i found the idea
i propose to build a car as much sofisticated as possible
and with fully functioning mechanisms
i mean anyone can build just parts as good as possible

my restrictions are: (anyone can change them or add new ones :)
- 4 wheels :) (let say this will no be a truck)
- 4..8 piston-engine
- 5+1 speeds
(still nothing special)
- 3 or 5 doors (it could be combi... wagon)
- back door lifted (could be divided on upper and lower part)
- or if we decide to make cabrio folded-unfolded roof (hard cover)
- side doors with door-handles (functional)
- side doors with lock-knobs (no key is needed the knob is enough)
- as the lego has no usefull glasses so forget this or make a glass • lifting
mechanism (no glass)
- at least front-side doors with open-limiters to stabilise doors at few
(2..3) positions
- front seats with adjusted back part
- front seats with adjusted back-head part
- front seats with adjustment forward-backward
- steering wheel adjusted up-down and forward-backward
- back seats folded-unfolded
- braking mechanism

of course we are restricted to lego-wheels scale
so probably we should use the biggest wheels
how big this car should be? probably a little bit bigger than 8466

so what do you think guys

regards
pixel