 Technic / 8619
Re: 2002 Technic line - opinions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 11:26:48 GMT

8475 review:
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=7701

8475 parts:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/8475-1

- David

In lugnet.technic, Gaurav Thakur writes:
I recieved the Fall 2002 S&H catalog a few days ago and was browsing through
the Technic section, and there were a few things that caught my attention.
More specifically, the 8472 Mud 'n' Street Racer and the 8475 RC Race Buggy
look interesting. I was wondering if anyone here has these sets and could
give some information on them. What functionality do they have? The catalog
seems to imply that the 8468 has some sort of touch sensors, slthough I
cannot quite tell if it has any steering. The 8475 has suspension on the
front wheels but it is difficult to make out anything else from the
pictures. What kinds of pieces do these come with? They both include some
sort of motors, but are these the normal gear-reduction type (the 43362
variety, I would think) or some sort of specialized motors? (I don't see
conventional battery boxes on either set, which would seem to imply the
latter) Also, the alternate models for both sets appear to use wheels
different from the main models; what's up with that? Lastly, are they good
deals for their prices? (the catalog shows $70 and $130 respectively, but
they might be cheaper on ebay)

Thanks,
-Gaurav