 Technic / 8266
Re: Small steering with suspension AND drive??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 19:25:35 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Øyvind Steinnes writes:
Ok folkz, Beat this!!

I'm now offering a contest about making a front wheel drive system, with
steering and independent suspension on both wheels.  :)

I'v done this with "normal" technic parts (without part nr 2999, 2738, 6540
as found in set #8880. And without steering-parts from set #8466 either).

Look at  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=253752
You will find an Ldraw file at
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Phoenix/Steering/steering3.ldr

Look at http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=26085 for photos and
the other attempt I have had on this.

Lek vel!

Is this contest about the smallest fwd system with steering and suspension???
Well, I have some crazy ideas.... but some of those crazy ideas will need
some speciaized or modified parts (in fact, one of these ideas is building a
8466-like steering arm using modified axle pin, a steering arm small #6571
(yeah, the 8858 and 8465 one) and a modified Axle 2 notched or maybe 3...
but I don´t have the 8465 suspension system) and that would mean I wouldn´t
make an LDraw file for it.

Well.... I want 2 similar contests: one is also about a front suspension
with steering but no drive and no specialized parts(I've got one design at
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=26415 ,then click on
front_suspension.ldr)

The other one is about a rear wheel drive system with independent
suspension... my design is based on 8437 suspension setup and it's at
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=26415 ,then click on rwd.ldr

Well... if you want drawings instead of LDraw files, I'll need some help
(I don't know hoy to turn a ldr file into an image file)

Well... that's all for today
Ok folkz, Beat this!!