 Technic / 8250
Re: #8868 is amazing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 00:26:16 GMT

In article <H3CEoF.CsB@lugnet.com>, "Gaurav Thakur" <cp5670@3dap.com>
wrote:

BTW on a side note, you mentioned the wheels from the 5591 set; do you have
this model? If so, what is your opinion of it? I am thinking of trying to
acquire one (ebay/bricklink/etc.) since I have heard some good things about
it, but I don't have any model team sets and so am not really sure what they
are like in general.

I used wheels from 5571, not 5591.  As for 5571...

I mostly stick to Technic, but for some reason 5571 appealed to me.  It
was my first Model Team set, and I have been very pleased with it.
Model Team is a lot different from Technic.  Instead of building
intricate gear mechanisms, you spend your time building up detailed
shapes from many tiny pieces.  The hood alone on 5571 has more pieces
than many of the retail Lego sets these days.

The completed model looks great - once built it tends to stay on display
longer than any of my Technic models.  My only criticism is that there
are only 6 wheels when a true cab would have 10.  But even this is easy
to overlook considering the detail throughout the rest of the set.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it might be very cool to try and graft
some of the body from 5571 onto the chassis of 8868.

The only other Model Team set I have is 5542.  Although it also looks
very nice, it really didn't strike me as anything special.  I prefer my
Technic helicopters (8412 and 954).  Whereas I can often appreciate a
well designed small Technic Set (8226 is an excellent example), for
Model Team I think the set has to be massive for me to enjoy it.

Dave