 Technic / 8239
  #8868 is amazing

This is probably old hat to everyone who has played with 8868, but I'll ramble on anyway... I had never seen set #8868 before until the recent Technic set poll placed it among other favorites of mine such as 8480 and 8880. The cover picture looked a (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: #8868 is amazing

This one ranks as my all-time favorite technic set. Everything is just about perfect here; functionality, piece selection (both specialized and generic), looks, originality (for its time), alternate model, etc. You don't see that everywhere. ;) As (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: #8868 is amazing

(...) 8868 is the set I most kicked myself for not getting when it was out - my dark ages were partly brought about because I was no longer able to ask for Lego as presents and I was at University with no money. Just as I left 8880 came out which I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: #8868 is amazing

(...) I used wheels from 5571, not 5591. As for 5571... I mostly stick to Technic, but for some reason 5571 appealed to me. It was my first Model Team set, and I have been very pleased with it. Model Team is a lot different from Technic. Instead of (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: #8868 is amazing

(...) Sorry, yes, I meant 5571 there. (stupid typo :p) (...) That sounds interesting; I am personally more function-oriented and am used to the gear train construction you spoke of, but this also sounds like fun. I think that this model actually had (...) (22 years ago, 3-Oct-02, to lugnet.technic)